We hate to say it, but summer’s over. This means it’s time to start looking forward, and stop soaking up the summer sun. Depending on just how much time you spent outdoors and on the go during the warmer months, you may be facing a good deal of skin damage. Fortunately, fall and winter are ideal times to take advantage of more involved home skin care, and pair that with expert procedures at the Laser Aesthetic Center. Here’s how you can get started.
Identify Your Main Skin Care Goals
There’s only so much you can accomplish for your skin in a given period of time. By isolating the overall goals that will guide your efforts, you can make sure that every step you take leads to beautiful, glowing skin. Some smart motivations include:
- Treating skin problems caused by the summer sun and lack of moisture
- Preparing your skin for the cold, dry winter months
- Aiming for general rejuvenation
- Getting ready for the holiday season, with all its photographs, parties, and family get-togethers
Bring Those Rejuvenation Goals to Life
- Exfoliate – Chances are, all that sun exposure, chlorine, and salt water dried out your skin. Exfoliate gently to remove dead skin cells and encourage new growth.
- Rehydrate – Post-exfoliation, supply your skin with healthy moisture to hydrate, boost volume, and smooth fine lines. Ask us for product recommendations. You can also drink plenty of water to see happier, healthier skin (and body!).
- Improve your diet – The foods and drinks you put into your body affect your skin. Be sure to get a well-rounded diet with a variety of nutrients, including fresh produce and lean protein.
- Address age spots, brown spots, and freckles – Finding new brown spots after all that sunshine? No problem. We’ll help you find the laser treatment that erases hyperpigmentation and reveals healthy, fresh skin. PicoSure Focus laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels, Laser Genesis, and IPL treatments offer varied results* – talk to us to learn more about which one might be right for you.
*Disclaimer: Please note that there is no guarantee of specific results. Results may vary.