Treatment Options for Volume Loss
What do you see when you look in the mirror? If new lines are making their way onto your face, consider what you’d like to do about them. The aging process may be inevitable, but we don’t have to sit back and put up with every fresh wrinkle and spot. As time passes, our faces will lose volume and our features will begin to sag and fall. We look less like ourselves – older, tired, and care-worn.
Why is my face losing volume and roundness?
- Sun exposure – The sun is one of the worst agents for our skin – it causes accelerated aging by prompting the breakdown of collagen and elastin, and also leads to brown spots and uneven skin.
- Fluctuating hormones – As women approach menopause, their estrogen levels begin to dip. This leads to facial fat thinning and changing in quality, and triggers volume loss.
- Thin frame – While we all want to be thin, having an especially skinny frame plays against you in the aging battle. This can cause hollow cheeks and a prematurely older look.
- Loss of bone density – It’s entirely natural to lose bone mass in your face, as well as for surrounding muscles to atrophy. This changes facial structure and can make the cheekbones/middle of the face appear to collapse. This doesn’t become fully noticeable until later in life, but it slowly takes hold over many years.
- Extreme dieting/exercise – If you’re prone to extreme diets or workouts, you may end up losing fat from areas where you’d actually like to augment volume. Ligaments can also become stretched out from the cycle of weight gain and weight loss.
How can I combat volume loss in my skin?
Facial fillers go to the source of the problem, supplying the substances that have been loss. Plumping and enhancing your cheeks or lips will not only boost those areas, but also remove wrinkles that have formed as the fat and collagen were lost. Depending on your preferences, we’ll find a treatment plan that fits and will deliver ideal results. If you’d like to regain some of that fading volume, this single-appointment procedure is one of the simplest, most natural-looking ways to make a difference.