The skin under your chin is a common problem area – and you don’t have to turn to invasive procedures to lift it
Your skin undergoes so many transformations throughout your life. Whether the effect of sun damage, acne, or the gradual passing of time, you’ll see ongoing changes to your appearance. The skin is the largest organ in the body, and it can’t help but define who we are. If yours isn’t living up to your expectations, you’re not going to feel like your true self.
Looser skin happens to all of us – but the decisions we make when handling it can lead to the kind of rejuvenation we’re hoping for. While face lifts are an option, they’re so drastic that we find they don’t fit most patients’ needs. Instead of turning to surgery, you can see great results with just a few laser treatment sessions.* Read on to learn why you’re dealing with loose skin, and how non-invasive treatments can lead to tighter, shapelier lines.
Why Is My Skin Sagging?
- Aging – Passing time leads to the loss of important scaffolding beneath your skin. This ranges from cartilage to elastin and collagen to pockets of facial fat. These structures helped create your round cheeks and smooth facial lines, and their loss causes skin to sag and facial features to look hollow. Facial muscles also weaken, causing you to lose some additional control. There’s also the gravity factor: its ongoing pull moves your skin closer to the ground over the course of decades.
- Sun exposure – UV rays damage skin cells. This intensifies the effects of aging, as your collagen and elastin break down more quickly. Avoiding sun exposure throughout your life will help minimize the collateral skin damage.
- Weight loss – While weight loss is a welcome change to many people’s lives, it’s not without its consequences. Losing a large amount of weight over a short period of time leaves behind sagging skin and loose areas on the body.
Laser Treatment for Skin Laxity
- Titan™ – This gentle laser can be used across the body, and stimulates the skin with infrared light. Common treatment areas include the face, skin beneath the chin, upper arms, abdomen, and thighs. In the months after treatment, the heated skin will gradually become firmer and regain its youthful shape.*
- PicoSure Focus™ – The Focus delivers incredibly short laser pulses to the skin, triggering collagen growth and skin renewal without disturbing the outer layers of your skin.*
*Disclaimer: Please note that there is no guarantee of specific results. Results may vary.