The PicoSure Laser system offers skin patients the ability to address skin disorders and imperfections by resurfacing and rejuvenating the skin. When it comes to the PicoSure system, you might initially think of tattoo removal, but the PicoSure technology can remove damaged outer layers of skin and stimulate the production of collagen in new skin cells as well. Treating these underlying layers results in smoother, younger and healthier-looking skin.
The Many Uses For PicoSure
FDA approved for skin treatment, PicoSure offers the most advanced laser skin treatment for the removal of skin imperfections. PicoSure laser gently delivers ultra-short pulses that penetrate and break down damaged skin cell layers until a smoother and healthier appearance is achieved. The treatment promotes collagen and elastin production and stimulates a non-traumatic tissue healing response. Laser skin rejuvenation has anti-aging benefits in addition to other treatment benefits including:
- Minimal discomfort and pain during and after treatment
- Little to no side effects
- Requires fewer treatment sessions
- Safe and highly effective
- Will not injure surrounding skin
- Successfully removes skin imperfections
The first thing that comes to most people’s minds when they consider PicoSure laser treatments is tattoo removal. Never before has a single treatment been able to address such a wide range of pigments and types of tattoo ink. Most traditional laser treatments rely either on light or heat to break up unwanted tattoo ink, but the PicoSure system can provide both heat and light waves, attacking the ink on two levels. Through this combined process, the PicoSure system is able to provide a more comfortable and effective solution for tattoo removal.
PicoSure laser skin resurfacing is a safe non-surgical procedure that diminishes the appearance of skin imperfections including:
- Brown spots: Dark spots on the surface, also known as hyperpigmentation. Most often, they are a consequence of past sun exposure or artificial UV light used in tanning beds.
- Fine lines: Fine lines are the early signs of wrinkle formation. They usually occur in the most expressive areas of your face, such as around your eyes, mouth, and forehead. Fine lines can be created due to a lack of moisture in the skin.
- Freckles: Small brown spots on the skin, often in areas that are exposed to the sun. In most cases, freckles are harmless and form as a result of overproduction of melanin.
- Melasma: A common skin issue that causes brown patches, usually on the face. Melasma can also appear on other parts of the body that are exposed to the sun, such as the forearms, hands, and neck.
- Pigmented lesions: These lesions are typically brown, black, or blue in color and are common. Benign pigmented lesions are harmless abnormalities of the skin; however, they appear similar to cancerous moles.
- Stretch marks: Continuous tugging and stretching of the skin can cause stretch marks to form. They most often appear when you rapidly gain or lose weight due to a sudden growth spurt or pregnancy.
- Wrinkles: A natural part of the aging process as the skin gets thinner, drier, and less elastic. Environmental factors such as smoking and sun exposure can accelerate the development of wrinkles.
Skin Resurfacing and Wrinkle Reduction
The PicoSure laser system does more than aid in tattoo removal. The stimulating effects of the laser treatment can be used to stimulate collagen growth in the deeper layers of the dermis, creating a more plump, rejuvenated look. The regrowth of collagen helps reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, resulting in a more youthful appearance. More effective than other treatments, the PicoSure laser system offers many uses and benefits for fresher looking skin.
Patients can suffer from stubborn acne scars for most of their life because of how difficult they are to remove effectively. The raised, discolored areas of skin do not respond to many resurfacing options, leaving sufferers frustrated and hopeless. The PicoSure system has been shown to significantly improve the appearance of:
- Acne and other facial scars
- Reducing pigmentation
- Smoothing the skin
- Age spots
The Solution You’ve Been In Search of
Whether you are in dire need of tattoo removal, want to reduce stubborn acne scars that have followed you around for years, or just need an overall fresh glow, the PicoSure laser treatment system could be the solution you have been searching for. Contact Laser Aesthetic Center today to schedule your consultation.