In our last blog post, we detailed ways to minimize signs of age. This week, we’re getting more specific: it’s time to talk wrinkles. While sun damage and brown spots are widespread problems, they don’t affect everyone as strongly. But wrinkles are Mother Nature’s cruel little joke. They appear on our faces, necks, and hands as time passes – in nearly a universal fashion. Deep and narrow lines are the focus of so many patients’ aesthetic efforts, for the way that they age the entire appearance.
You don’t need to resort to highly involved treatments in order to change the appearance of your skin. Simple wrinkle smoothing is available at the Laser Aesthetic Center – and we will help you find the method that fits your needs.
How Wrinkles Form Over Time
- Smoking – Tobacco use limits the skin’s collagen production. Collagen acts as the skin’s inner scaffolding, and supports its youthful structure. Without adequate collagen, the skin will begin to sag.
- Sun damage – The UV rays in sunlight damage elastin, the skin fibers responsible for tightness and structure. As they affect the skin, it begins to change, becoming wrinkled and more easily damaged.
- Muscle contractions – Ongoing muscle movement pulls on the skin over those muscles. As the contractions continue and the skin ages, visual signs of that skin movement appear. This is especially common on skin in frequently-contracting areas, like the forehead and the curves around the lips and nose.
- Lost weight – While it’s wonderful to lose extra pounds, the loss can lead to sagging, wrinkling skin.
- Genetics – Unfortunately, some of us are predisposed to wrinkling more easily. This can lead to the formation of both fine and deep lines, even at an early age.
- Natural aging – As we mentioned earlier, you can’t really escape wrinkles. They happen to all of us as the skin begins to break down and change. What you can do is seek treatment to keep those lines from overtaking your appearance, confidence, and life.
Botox and Fillers for Facial Lines
You don’t need to seek invasive procedures like face lifts to see gentle shifts in the age of your skin. While those treatments are right for a few patients, there are ways to achieve less dramatic but still significant changes. You may be amazed by how much subtle smoothing changes your overall appearance – without broadcasting that you’ve sought aesthetic treatment.
Cosmetic injections like Botox and dermal fillers target different reasons for wrinkle formation, including muscle movement and volume loss / collagen breakdown. They are administered in a single appointment, and the results will last anywhere from 3-6 months, or even longer (depending on the area treated). This makes injections an ideal choice for patients seeking first-time rejuvenation.*
Lasers Smooth Wrinkles and Rejuvenate Skin
Laser energy heats deeper layers of the skin to tighten and refresh, and even boost its collagen production. Treatments like Laser Genesis and Titan skin tightening result in a renewed appearance. They can also be used on a variety of areas of the skin (rather than just the face).*
Treating Wrinkles in Hinsdale
At the Laser Aesthetic Center, we will take careful steps toward smoothing your wrinkles. Prior to beginning treatment, we will detail what you can expect to avoid surprises or false expectations.
Get in touch with our team to begin working on a smoother, happier face – and a boost in self esteem.
*Disclaimer: Please note that there is no guarantee of specific results. Results may vary.