Laser hair removal is an excellent solution for men seeking to remove unwanted body hair. It is a safer procedure than shaving, as it avoids the risks of shaving bumps and ingrown hairs. Waxing requires hair growth that really misses the point of hair removal (it’s just silly to spend time growing out hair in order to wax it). It is also painful and may lead to significant skin irritation and inflammation. Other treatments such as cream depilatories can cause chemical burns.
The smooth, hairless look has become a lasting trend among men regardless of their age. Men pursue laser hair removal mainly to:
- Eliminate the need for daily shaving.*
- Improve perspiration and odor.
- Prevent irritation and development of folliculitis (a condition often experienced by men where more than one hair follicle becomes inflamed from shaving).
- Eliminate itching and irritation.
- Improve their own appearance.
- Hygienic reasons, and to avoid the pain and repetition of other methods like frequent shaving, regular waxing and hair removal creams.
Our Hair Removal Technology
Laser hair removal is one of the best ways to treat and prevent in-grown hairs.* With the Vectus Laser, you will see permanent reduction in hair growth:* even with the darkest, thickest chest and abdominal hair. The Laser Aesthetic Center offers different hair removal lasers for varying skin types and shades. We will tailor your treatment to your unique skin tone to yield ideal results. If you’d like to learn more about our laser technology, view our Hair Removal Lasers.
The technology behind hair removal lasers is ever-advancing. The Laser Aesthetic Center prides itself on being at the cutting edge of emerging treatment options. We use several different lasers to accommodate patients of every skin type and tone.*
Our Palomar Vectus Laser provides a treatment that is:
- Comfortable – The Palomar Vectus Laser’s cooling technique (Advanced Contact Cooling) protects and soothes the epidermis.
- Safe – This laser incorporates skin-evaluating technology to adjust the laser’s strength, adjusting the beam to match your skin’s needs. Its tone-matching system removes the possibility of human error, and tailors treatment specifically to your own skin tone.*
- Effective – The Palomar Vectus results in a permanent lessening of hair, no matter the area of the body. You will see a reduction in body hair after treatment.* This laser even allows patients to pursue full body hair removal, with treatment sessions that last only 45 minutes.
- Speedy – Many hair removal lasers take time to cover large areas of the skin. With the Vectus Laser’s large spot size and uniform beam, it covers wide expanses like the back in mere minutes. Patients hoping to laser hair from their backs or legs no longer need to spend hours in the office. They’ll see results within a fraction of the time.*
In addition to the Palomar Vectus, we offer treatment with the Cutera Prowave 770 and with the CoolGlide 1064 Nd:YAG. With this full arsenal of laser technology, we’re able to treat any skin tone or type. The gentle Prowave is ideal for smaller areas like the upper lip, and the CoolGlide is FDA-approved to treat even dark skin types. With these and the Vectus on hand, we’re able to meet diverse patient needs and deliver ideal treatment to all.*
The most common areas men choose for laser hair removal include:
Back hair can be very unappealing, making unwanted back and shoulder hair a common aesthetic problem. Although removal of hair from the entire back area may seem daunting to many men, it is normally possible for us to cover the entire back in a single, 20-minute session. Furthermore, unlike painful waxing treatments, once the process of 6-8 treatments is finished, you are hair free!* In some cases, a touch-up treatment is needed after one year or so.
How It Works:
You will be asked to shave right before the treatment. Once the treatment is over, you will notice the hair growing back within the next few weeks. By the 4th week, the hair will start shedding on its own. The shedding occurs in a patchy pattern. We allow the shedding to take place between week 4 and week 8. By week 8, it is time for your next treatment. At this point, you are asked to shave again, and the same shedding cycle will take place. By your 6th or 8th treatment, you will have lost over 90% of your back and shoulder hair.
Best time to start:
It is preferable to start treatments during the fall/winter season in order to avoid sun contact, and to look great at the beach by the upcoming summer!
As a fact, most women and men prefer their man to be hairless. Many men are concerned about excessive chest and abdominal hair growth because it leads to perspiration and odor. Other men pursue chest and abdominal hair removal because they find smooth skin to be aesthetically pleasing. After laser hair removal, you’ll have smooth skin* that is sought after, you’ll stop shedding onto your shirts, bed, and towels, you will feel more comfortable shirtless, and you’ll smell fresh and clean at all times.
How It Works:
You will be asked to shave right before the treatment. Once the treatment is over, you will notice the hair growing back within the next few weeks. By the 4th week, the hair will start shedding on its own. The shedding happens in a patchy form. We allow the shedding to take place between week 4 and week 8. By week 8, it’s time for your next treatment, and you are asked to shave again. The same shedding cycle will follow. By your 6th or 8th treatment, you will have lost over 90% of your chest and abdominal hair.
Best time to start:
It is preferable to start treatments during the fall/winter season to prepare for the warmer, sunnier months.
Men who dislike shaving can also benefit from laser hair removal on their beard area (lower face, chin and neck). In addition to eliminating the need to shave every day, it will prevent the development of folliculitis. For some men with sensitive skin, it prevents irritation and pink spotting. In many cases, facial hair removal has helped with the reduction of acne.*
How It Works:
You will be asked to shave right before the treatment. Once the treatment is over, you will notice hair will be growing back slightly slower than average. It will start shedding within the next couple of days. The shedding will be patchy. Your next treatment will take place 3 or 4 weeks after that shedding, and then the cycle will continue. By your 5th or 6th treatment, you will have lost over 90% of your facial hair.
Best time to start:
You can start any time, as long as you are not being directly exposed to the sun and are constantly applying the post-removal sunblock.
*Please note that there is no guarantee of specific results. Results may vary.